Here’s my attempt at the ubiquitous Christmas craft! I’m no expert but Phoebe loves making, cutting, gluing and sticking plus all things sparkly so we got some friends round and had a go.
What you need:
- Glittery and plain Christmas tree foam cut-outs (or cut out your own from card)
- Ribbon or String
- Hole punch
- Pom poms
- Decorations – any bits and bobs you have lying around
- Punch a hole into the top of each tree.
- Have fun sticking the various bits and bobs to the trees! Doesn’t matter how you do it, the fun is in the making.
- Leave the glue to dry.
- Thread the ribbon through the holes and either staple or blu tack into place.
- Hang in a place of your choosing!
We hung ours on our fireplace and they look really festive – I went for glittery, non-glittery alternately and I think they look really good considering they were made by 3 and 4 year olds (and maybe an aunty or two helped).
One of the ‘techniques’ we used was to use red wool and wrap it round the trees to give a faux tinsel effect, very good tip from Auntie S!
Want more crafts? See my top 10 Christmas crafts to do with children. What’s your favourite Christmas craft to do with your children? Is it your little one’s first Christmas? What are you looking forward to most?